NOW OFFERING FREE SHIPPING!
Trumpeter Models is one of the premier modelling brands in the industry. Made in China, Trumpeter specializes in military models, model aircraft, and model ships. In addition, they provide a variety of great, inexpensive modelling tools for use on your workbench. Trumpeter also has made a name for themselves with their large 1/200 scale model ships, 1/350 aircraft carriers, and 1/24 scale model aircraft. For advanced modellers, Trumpeter kits are extensive, with hundreds of parts, often photo-etched parts, and a large paint chart that helps create some of the most realistic model kits. Many other scales are available as well!
The USS North Carolina BB-55
- USS North Carolina battleship BB-55 Length: 222.1 meters Width: 33 meters Normal displacement: 36,600 tons Full displacement: 46,700 tons On October 27, 1937, the battleship North Carolina laid the keel at the New York Naval Shipyard. It was launched on June 13, 1940, and entered service in New York on April 9 of the following year. The North Carolina completed sea trials before the Pearl Harbor incident and joined the Pacific Fleet on June 10, 1942. In August 1942, the US military began operations in the Guadalcanal Islands. At this time, North Carolina was the only American battleship capable of escorting the Wasp, Saratoga, and Enterprise aircraft carriers in the theatre. In a battle in East Solomon, the North Carolina used the record of shooting down seven Japanese fighters to change the task of the new battleship in the fleet, which is to use the numerous anti-aircraft guns on the ship to provide air defence cover for the aircraft carrier. On September 15, 1942, a torpedo hit the North Carolina. The torpedo tore a 10-meter-long and 6-meter-high hole in her armour plate and killed 5 sailors. In June 1947, the North Carolina was retired from active service in New York. On April 29, 1962, she was donated to Wilmington, North Carolina, and was transformed into the USS North Carolina Battleship Memorial. It is used to commemorate the warship of the ship and all the people who served and died in the Second World War. The North Carolina received a total of 12 Battle Star medals during its service in World War II.
- This is not a toy.
- This model kit requires assembly and painting. Cement, tools and paint are not included.
- Total number of parts 261pcs
- Contains small parts, recommended for ages 14 & up.
- Highly detailed Scale Model Kit.
Package Dimensions: 41 cm x 7 cm X 15 cm
Package Weight: 350g